You have probably been told to “relax and it will happen,” and you have been trying to relax but it’s not happening! Managing so many things – juggling appointments, medications, cycles, diet, exercise, partner, sex, not to mention work and other parts of ‘normal’ life, while trying to conceive – how can you relax?
Well there is support and it is easier than you think.
Thanks to COVID restrictions and telehealth, The MindBody Program for Fertility is now an 8-week, 1:1 online program that can be tailored to your individual needs at a time that suits your lifestyle.
Designed specifically for women trying to conceive, the MindBody Program for Fertility teaches women cognitive restructuring to cope with runaway and distressing thoughts; stress management to cope with anxiety, fear and anger; mindfulness to elicit the relaxation response and to stay present; communication with partners, family, friends and work colleagues, and addresses lifestyle issues of nutrition and exercise.
We know that the number one reason women drop out of treatment is related to stress. Now you can look after your mind while looking after your body to enhance your chances of conceiving and taking home that baby you have dreamed of.
Originally devised as a group program by Harvard Assoc Professor Dr Ali Domar, and backed by over 20 years of research, the MindBody Program for Fertility significantly enhances your chances of conceiving as well as addressing the feelings of anxiety and depression that are common to women struggling with fertility issues.
Dr Domar, author of “Conquering Infertility,” is a world-renowned expert on the link between the mind, the body and fertility and has dedicated over 20 years of research into devising the MindBody Program for Fertility.
Now available 1:1 online, the program can be done at any stage of your fertility treatment. To learn more about the program click here and see if the MindBody Program for Fertility is right for you.
Benefits of the MindBody Program for Fertility:
- Research on the 10-week group MindBody Program for Fertility in the US has shown a more than doubling of live birth rates for women trying to conceive naturally or going through IVF as well as decreasing their feelings of anxiety and depression. We have kept the benefits of the 10-week group program into a 1:1 8 week online format.
- You will build a greater understanding of your own stress response and its impact on your body
Increase your ability to elicit the relaxation response to calm the mind and the body in order to heal and prevent further injury
- Reduce feelings of isolation, sadness, grief and loss, anxiety, guilt and anger through 1:1 sessions with your own psychologist
- Increase your own sense of autonomy and ability to contribute to your wellbeing
Improve lifestyle habits that may be negatively affecting your infertility
- Develop coping skills for dealing with families, friends, partners and work colleagues
- Enhance your self-esteem and self-worth through positive connections with your body and your own personal journey
- Reduce the power of overwhelming negative and catastrophic thinking that can be common when coping with infertility
- Develop life skills to enable better coping through other stressful life events
- Depending on your cover, Private Health benefits may be claimable
Please feel free to download our mind-body program brochure by clicking this link.